Friday, June 7, 2013

The Hunger Games Movie Review







Okay... I know... I'm a little late for the fact of watching this, I'm sure everyone and their cousins have watched this. Me and my Dad -The Best Dad in the World, I might add- have movie days, and this is one we watched that will be added to our favorites list.
Unfortunately I didn't get to read the books yet, but I plan on doing so soon, so watch out for a review about them sometime in the future.
The Hunger Games. For those who have not yet seen it, or knows what it's about, it's about [and I quote from Goodreads] "In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV.
Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she steps forward to take her sister’s place in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before—and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender.
If she is to win, she will have to start making choices that will weigh survival against humanity and life against love."
It's incredibly-amazingly good! Much, much better than I thought it would be. Very good camera angles,
intriguing-there's never a dull moment. The actors are incredible-I, personally, have been a fan of Josh Hutcherson ever since he played Jess in Bridge to Terabithia. 
And Jennifer Lawrence is one of my new favorite actresses- the graphics were great. I love, how like in Harry Potter, they also had beasts, and food, that are created in the movie. Maybe I'm a geek that way, but I love it.
I honestly can't think of anything that I didn't like about the movie except for the fact it kinda seemed like it ended abruptly, my dad was frustrated with the fact that they didn't say what happened between Katniss and Gale when her and Peeta returned back to the district, which I didn't like either, but hopefully they will clear that up a little in the sequel.

10 out of 10 stars!
★★★★★★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment