Friday, June 14, 2013

Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe





Snickerdoodles!! I found this in my Taste of Home Baking recipes book[:
These are one of my brothers favorite cookies. His birthday was last Sunday and this is what he got from me. Thought you guys may want to try them out!
Here's what you need.


  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla, then the flour, baking soda, and tartar.
Roll into 1-inch size balls.
In a little bowl mix together the 2tbsp of sugar and 1tsp. of cinnamon and roll the balls until coated, then place on an ungreased baking sheet, a couple inches apart. Bake at  375 for 10-12 mins until lightly browned.


***If you make any of the recipes I've written please tweet a picture to me at Alltimemusic129, I'd love to see/post them!

No comments:

Post a Comment