Friday, December 19, 2014

Gluten Free Friday: Tyson Gluten Free Chicken Breast Strips - Review




                                                                 [source]



I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not th most comfortable with cooking meat. I know how to, I just choose not too. Even sine going gluten free I've missed chicken strips so incredibly much that it was probably sad. I LOVE chicken. I would eat chicken for my only meal for the rest of my life if I could. Kid you not.
So when I saw these Tyson chicken strips you bet I was gonna try them.

I'm glad I did too! They're a little greasy, but it's not disgustingly gross or anything, nothing a paper towel won't fix. I'm sure if you made them in the oven it wouldn't be so bad, I opt out for the lazy way and do them in the microwave [; so the breading is a little mushy on the bottom.
However they are seasoned and it's spicy, but not so much in a hot way, it's just from the spices they use.





INGREDIENTS:
Boneless, skinless chicken breast with rib meat, water, rice flour, contains 2% or less than the following: annatto extract, chicken fat, corn starch, dried chicken broth, dried garlic, dried onion, garlic powder, natural flavor, onion powder, paprika extract, salt, soybean oil, spices, sugar, torula yeast, xanthan gum, yellow corn flour. Breading set in vegetable oil.


The price is a little hefty for $8 a bag(at Giant Eagle), I know the first bag I got had four pieces in it, but this second bag I got has about 7 - 8 inside and they aren't dinky size pieces either. One is enough for me. So it's a bit of a toss up on which you get. But, it's REAL chicken, not that gross spongy stuff like chicken nuggets are made of , gross!

If you have it, I would say they are worth it. I like them a lot and their a nice quick protein fix if you're someone who doesn't get as much protein as they should *raises hand*.

No comments:

Post a Comment