Saturday, December 27, 2014

Christmas & Everything That Wasn't On Sale!








This is what Christmas morning looks like at my house. Every year we sit at the top of the stairs while my parents make their tea(usually Dad has coffee but his recent Sherlock Holmes watching has changed that this year), and tell us about how we got coal while we wait for my grandparents to get here. Once they are here and they get their tea, and everyone sits down in the living room and is content, we can go down. Our gifts get hidden. It's been like that every year in the past and I love it.

My big gift was a new point-and-shoot digital camera. I wanted something to vlog with and apparently practically every model was sold out. It's a REALLY nice camera and I'm very happy with it.


The day after we decided to go shopping. I was every every hour Christmas night, on the hour, hoping I didn't sleep in and constantly trying to figure out what places we should go to. Mom didn't have anything set in mind, the only place I really wanted to go was Target and Tractor Supply. We got up at 5:30 and showed up at Target about a quarter till.




It was practically dead. Within' ten minutes I think like 20 or so other cars showed up and people were lining up at the door. We stayed in the car and waited for everybody else to go in. I thought it was gonna be like a mad house but when we went inside it was SO quiet, everyone was back in the Christmas stuff.
I couldn't get over how much stuff wasn't on sale. Everywhere we went I was just shocked, there is supossed to be huge sales...WHERE ARE THE HUGE SALES?
I did manage to find a few things, I think I'm gonna do a post on the stuff I got.

When we saw how dead the mall was we made a quick dessision to stop.




Only the day after Christmas can you make a last minute choice to cross three lanes of traffic with not another car in site in any direction to go to a mall that opened 2 hours ago that has HUGE SALES advertised. (seriously though, Old Navy had everything 75%). The parking lot was dead at the main entrance where everyone always parks.

They didn't have what I was hoping for, no polar bear sweater, or the clothing items I was hoping were on sale. Ain't that the way of it? Haha!

We were out from 5am to about 3:30-4pm and were EXHAUSTED when we got home. I fell asleep about an hour later. I'm hoping that burned off all the biscuits I had for Christmas, lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment