Friday, December 5, 2014

Gluten Free Friday: Gimbal's Fine Candies Gourmet Jelly Beans Review




[source]




I am a HUGE jelly bean lover. HUGE. Jelly beans are my absolute favorite candy in all the world. So I am picky when it comes to my jelly beans.

A few weeks ago I was craving some jelly beans, and for some reason I always seem to go for the gourmet kind. I don't know why because 1) they are expensive, and 2) I don't like half the flavors.

These have 41 different flavors 





 
 [source]


My most favorite flavors are: Boysenberry, Tutii Fruitii, Watermelon, Very Blue, Tangerine, Root Beer, Blueberry, Orange 'n Creme, and Red Delicious. I'm not gonna lie, I was sort of liking the Java, the whole coffee thing is hard for me, I've never been a big fan of coffee anything, apart from the smell of it.

Least favorite flavors: Licorice, Spicy Cinnamon, Buttered Popcorn, Coconut, and I think Tiramisu[?]. The Baja Margirita always confuses me a little too. Yes, confuse, I never know if I like it or not.

I do like the fact that there is such a wide variety in flavors, and on their website they have a 'recipe' section where when you eat certain flavors together it comes up with a new. I've never tried them personally, I don't have the guts too. Maybe in the future if I get another bag of these I will do a post on the flavor combinations.

However, on the plus side, there isn't any High Fructose Corn Syrup, and they are free of many allergens 


 [source]

 It does contain a fair amount of not-so-great ingredients though:
Sugar, Corn Syrup, Food Starch Modified, Dextrose, Pectin, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Confectioners Glaze, Carnauba Wax, Beeswax, Mineral Oil, Cocoa Powder, Cocoa Liquor, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Artificial Colors: Red 40 Lake, Red 40, Red 3, Blue 1, Blue 1 Lake, Blue 2 Lake, Yellow 5, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6, Yellow 6 Lake


 All-in-all I do enjoy these jelly beans, they are nice for when you're in a cinch and maybe they don't have Jelly Belly's around or your preferred flavor-pack of jelly beans because there is such a wide variety of flavors, that chances are what flavor you do want, will be in this, and it will be decently close none-the-less.

No comments:

Post a Comment