Monday, January 19, 2015

ParaNorman Movie Review

Rated: PG
Released: 2012
Genre: Animation, Adventure, Comedy












[source]





Norman Babcock, a boy that can speak to the dead. No one but his best friend Neil believes him. One day Norman's Uncle tells him about this ritual that he must do to protect his town, Blithe Hollow, from a witch it sentenced years and years ago. Norman agrees to the plans but nothing goes just the way he'd hoped. The witch threatens his town and the dead rise. A group of new companions team together to try and help end the horrible curse.



Alright. I have some beef with this movie. Firstly. I don't know WHO judges the rating of movies, but whoever rated this movie to be PG is a little cray-cray. I personally don't see how butt-shots[although the characters were clothed], and mild language is PG acceptable. But, again, that's just me. Along with that, there was a gay reference.


Claymation movies tend to interest me, I did a claymation/stop-motion scene in tech and ever since that I have a new respect when it comes to these sort of movies because I know how much work it can take to make just a 30sec video.


However, I don't think it was a horrible movie or anything, but it wasn't also my favorite. I do like the fact that his family does come around to accepting Norman, and I find Neil to be one of those quirky characters that makes ya chuckle. Plus there is zombies, who doesn't like zombies?


Trailer:












No comments:

Post a Comment