Friday, January 16, 2015

Gluten Free Friday: KIND Oats & Honey with Toasted Coconut Healthy Grains Bar Review






                                                     [source]
                                                  




If you haven't noticed already, I'm a HUGE KIND bar fan. They're so good, and healthy!

The Oats & Honey is one I've been wanting to try for a while now and I just saw about a week or so ago that our Sheetz carries them, and today I picked one up.
It's so good! I was kind of expecting something along the lines of one of those Nature's Valley Oats 'n Honey Crunchy bars but the taste wasn't really there. These, of course, have coconut in them and they aren't as oat-y, I guess would be the best way to describe it. And they aren't as crunchy either, which I'm totally okay with. (side note: I''m not knocking the Nature Valley Bars, I was obsessed with those bars when I was younger.)
These, when you first bite it is crunchy, after that it's chewy, the flavor is good, not too sweet, and it's filling!


Ingredients [source]

Whole grain blend (oats, brown rice, millet, oat flour, buckwheat, amaranth, quinoa), tapioca syrup, dried cane syrup, honey, coconut, canola oil, brown rice syrup, gum acacia, sea salt, Vitamin E (to maintain freshness).

Vitamins and Minerals

Calcium (2%), Iron (6%)

Allergen Information

Contains coconut. Made in a facility that processes peanuts, tree nuts, soy and sesame seeds.


Serving Size 1 Bar (35g)
Calories 150
Fat Calories 45
Total Fat 5g
Saturated Fat 1.5g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 100mg
Total Carb 23g
Dietary Fiber 2.5g
Sugars 6g
Protein 2g



No comments:

Post a Comment