Saturday, January 10, 2015

Making Homemade Pastries!





                                    [source]






I told myself after making these the first time, it was only gonna be one of those 'once a year' recipes. No, I made them about three times.
The recipe for these things is HUGE, that's the time consuming part is that it's a morning event, I don't mind that. It's the sore feet at the end of the day that is the downer on it, haha.

My Grandma asked me to make these for my Pappap this past year for the Holidays, wait, let me be specific. She asked me to make him nut rolls. Every year they buy them but they wanted me to make them. I've never made nut rolls before, I've tried making a jelly roll, which was a HUGE fail, so I was really nervous about making this, exspecially since the recipe only told me the supplies I needed and the basics on making the dough, not the details. So it was a trail thing.



So, as he wanted. I started off with the nut rolls. Like I said, it was my first time making these, there was yeast in them so they did raise and because the instructions lacked instruction, I asked Mom and did a little research on other recipes and I had to roll the dough thin, I didn't realize just hot thin it needed to be rolled. And two of the four ended up splitting on the side, (but my Grandparents said they tasted just as good.) But, than I ran out of nuts, and still had a half a bowl of dough left...




So I made apricot turn-overs. When we got the supplies I picked up a can of filling just in case I'd run out of filling. But then I ran out of the apricot filling and still had dough...




So I made cinnamon rolls with the rest of it, thankfully we had cinnamon on hand for them. Thank ya, Lord!





















No comments:

Post a Comment