Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Getting Lost in a Good Book




There is something so nice about getting lost in a book. Your world changing into something completely different, become someone else, in a different place, with all these different people who feel like you've known forever.



Then you when you close the book you have a hard time functioning with reality.




Sunday I spent a good portion of the day reading. It wasn't even planned. Our library has ebooks that we can borrow books and read them on our computers or mobile devices (side note: I'm still coming around to the whole ebook thing. It's hard to be beat holding an actual book). I was looking through all the different books and came across one of my favorites: Dreamland by Sarah Dessen.
I believe this is the book that got me so into reading, the first book I ever really got lost in.
All day Sunday I was reading it, and it gave me a hangover. I still hangover from it-I feel guilty thinking about reading another book! How can that happen??
It's slowly fading though, I've been contemplating reading another. There's one picked out waiting for me. I'll get there.


                                  [source]


However, I was thinking the other day that I thought spending a day reading was on my bucket list, and it is! Yippie!



                                  [source]

No comments:

Post a Comment