Friday, November 7, 2014

Gluten Free Friday: Hodgson Mill's Gluten Free Sweet Yellow Cornbread Mix






FINALLY! The long awaited post about the Gluten Free cornbread cupcakes. Yes cupcakes, not muffins. I don't remember why I decided to call the cupcakes, but they are.

When I posted this picture on Instagram, Hodgson Mill was so nice and actually commented on the photo, thanking me for tagging them, how sweet is that?!?! You are SO welcome Hodgson Mill.
Don't you love it what companies do that??


Anywho, back to the post, lol.
All you have to do with this mix is add 1 cup of milk, 2 eggs, and a 1/2 cup of vegetable oil. Mix the wet then add the dry mix, spray your muffin tin/cupcake liners/pan and bake at a 375 degree oven for 18-22mins or 25 - 30mins if you're making a pan of the bread and not the cupcakes.

I used Almond Milk instead of regular milk and it tasted just as good as regular cornbread. And Canola oil instead of Veggie(mainly because I wasn't sure if the bottle of oil was for cooking or something else).

It should make 12 cakes, or 10 if you do like me and overfill the cups.

My nutrition facts based on MyFitnessPal, this will depend on the ingredients you use, and how many servings you have.





Ingredients: Corn Flour, Corn Meal, Sugar, Tapioca Starch, baking Powder, Xanthan Gum, Flake Salt, Baking Soda



The verdict: I LOOOVVEE these. I missed cornbread so much. If there was anything I could have done differently I would have baked them a little less time in the oven, just a smidge! I like it when  it's still a little soft in the middle, I need to have a glass of milk when I eat these. But that's okay! No harm no foul, right?
Hodgson Mills has become one of my favorite companies honestly just because they commented on my IG photo, I still can't get over that...

No comments:

Post a Comment