Monday, July 29, 2013

Sunburst Lemon Bars







My mom said these were good on the first day... after that, because of the eggs, the filling pretty much turned into rubber, I know the lady I found the recipe from said that she had gotten some comments saying it didn't turn out right. I'm not exactly sure, maybe it's just the oven, or I added things in the wrong combination, not so sure. So if you're gonna make them... I suggest you make sure you eat em on the first day. She said they were really good, they were more crust to her liking, so if you're a lemon person, these probably aren't for you.

What you'll need:

Crust
  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • and a tsp of lemon peel if you'd like
Filling
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 1tsp. baking powder
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • and a tsp of lemon peel if you choose.
 Glaze
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 2-3tbsp of lemon juice

First, with a mixer, beat flour, sugar, and butter(with peel if you're adding it).
Press into bottom of a 13x9inch pan and bake for 20-30min pan until lightly golden



While that's baking, whisk the eggs lightly, then add everything but the lemon stuff, once combined, add lemon. Pour over warm crust. Return in the over for 25-30mins longer


And let cool for about an hour, and enjoy.



***If you make any of the recipes I've written please tweet a picture to me at Alltimemusic129, I'd love to see/post them!

No comments:

Post a Comment