Saturday, September 12, 2015

Pumpkin Pie Pop-Tart | Review







It's that time of year again when everything is becoming pumpkin flavored!!
When me and Mom went shopping the other day I couldn't get over how much stuff is 'fall themed' between Pepperidge Farms Pumpkin Milanos, Belvita Pumpkin Spice Bisctuis, Pumpkin Pie Pop-Tarts, all the candy, cereals are even going fall themed.
I want to try everything, but I don't think I'd enjoy the waistline that would go along with it all. I'm carefully using some serious self control on how much of it all I buy. It wouldn't be so tempting if all the packaging wasn't so colorful and bright. Those darn marketers know how to catch people with their fancy packaging.

With trying to limit myself to 1 fall themed thing a week I chose the Pumpkin Pie PopTarts. They come in the big 8 pack box.

Upon opening the silver package you get the instant smell of pumpkin pie. It tastes exactly like pumpkin pie, too! Pumpkin pie is my absolute favorite part of fall (preferably without the cinnamon). Just the smell of it makes me hungry.











The filling looks like they stuck pumpkin pie into the center of the pastry. And the icing adds that perfect amount of sweetness and bit of crunch from the sugar sprinkles. The Pop-Tart crust acts like a crust for the pie, tasting almost exactly similar. The pumpkin filling has that nice fall-spice taste to it that makes you want to curl up in a blanket with a nice warm cup of tea on a rainy day.
These are delicious!






  Obviously these aren't the healthiest things on the block, but they are good in a pinch for a treat if you can't wait for the real thing!



Cost: $3.58
























[source]

No comments:

Post a Comment