Saturday, September 19, 2015

Operation Wedding Cake: Numero Uno



My oldest brother is getting married in less than a month. About two months ago he asked me if I'd be interested in making him and his fiance's wedding cake, supplies paid, me paid. Of course I said yes because A) He's my brother. 2) An excuse to bake an unholy amount of things that would be considered 'too much' on a typical monthly/weekly basis. Blue Seventeen) This may have been a secret dream, to bake a wedding cake. It's as if I have my own business. Except I don't have 25lbs sacks of flour in a spare room, or those gorgeous fancy ovens. And Z) It would be a little extra cash in my wallet... that will probably have a hole burned in it by the following week.

The information:

The wedding colors are turquoise and brown.

THEE cake, the Groom's and Bride's cake, is going to be dark chocolate, with chocolate icing, two layers, with a possible ginache on the top.

She wants it to look like this, or 'whatever I'm comfortable with.'





I've tried hunting this cake down in Google Images Search/Pinterest for the source of information on it and have had no luck, so if anyone knows who this belongs to, please let me know so I can put a source link.

As far as I'm aware, this is piped with a French tip.


The cupcakes:

Chocolate & Vanilla. Two-toned vanilla icing. Possible filling.



                                           [source


Assuming it's either a #4B or #6B French tip, and another with a star #1M(?).
What makes me nervous about this is that I've never done two-tone before, or any of this spike like decorating.
What makes me even more nervous is that my brothers fiance want me to do what I'm comfortable with, meaning: the icing flavor and the possible icing flavor. I do better when people tell me exactly what they want, and me telling them if I can/can't do it. Not so much the 'whatever suits you' thing.
That sounds horrible, doesn't it? That should be a blessing!


The fact I can't figure out the exact tip number drives me crazy. Ugh, perfectionists.




No comments:

Post a Comment