Sunday, June 26, 2016

Starbucks & Longwood Gardens | Day 6




When it comes to spending time outdoors, it never seems as busy and hectic like it does indoors. Okay, let me take that back some. It's different depending on how many people are around, but the fresh air certainly does help.

We got out early and headed to Longwood Gardens. I think this is what my Mom was most excited for. My Aunt hasn't been here either, at least I'm pretty certain that's what she said, neither had my friend or I.


Of course, started the day out with Starbucks. I think we went there almost everyday. No shame.
I got peach green tea to lay off so much caffeine. It was a good pick-me-up without the crazy.



For those who don't know. Longwood Gardens has over 1,077 acres of gardens, meadows, and woodlands. It's absolutely stunning.


My pictures didn't come out as well as I had hoped, but some are okay.

#Photographerposes


You know that show Treehouse Masters? They built this. We got to go inside! It's so cool. If only I could squeeze one of those in my backyard.




(Than you Aunt Tracy for these pictures!!!)


Places like this is what makes me so happy. There are no words once so ever to describe how gorgeous and beautiful it is. There is just something about walking through some sort of woodland that gets me hook-line-and-sinker. Every. Time.





The things you find when you look closer [:





This is how we travel. Walk a while, snack, repeat.
My mom isn't a a chocolate person unless it's white chocolate. So I took her chocolate covered almond from a trail mix and she ate everything else. The sacrifices I make for her :P





This spot was pretty cool. It was a good area to just sit and listen to the water running.





This was one of my favorite rooms. It felt jungle like with all the ivy and how they had the plants hanging from the ceiling.











We walked about five miles total. We didn't go everywhere, but we covered a good hunk of ground. If you're a runner, this would be an amazing place to go if you had a pass to go through the summer. Even if you only go to walk the trails it would be worth it without a doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment