Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Exploring Stoudtburg Village | Day 4



This was the main reason for the roadtrip, Stoudtburg Village. I came across it surfing Pinterest and, being who lived in Germany for said-years, I told my Mom about it. We were pretty excited. We looked it up, my Aunt lived not too awful far away from it and so we went.

After much research, and finally arriving from what seemed like a HUGE town, turned out to be very small, and not quite as German as my Mom and Aunt remembered the pictures being on the website. We went on Saturday, when either the website, or their Facebook page, said they were only open on the weekend, and after contacting them and getting no reply, almost all the shops were closed apart from, like, three, a candy shop and two antique stores.

The fountain was pretty though.



We were pretty disappointed, it was still pretty cool to see what it was like.
Moral of the story, don't believe everything on the internet... obviously.



Mom, being the Master Gardener she is ( :P ) was wanting so badly to go to a nursery and we found Esbenshade's Garden Center. Many many acre's of everything flowers. Fair warning, if you get lost from the Village trying to find the place, use a GPS. My Aunt called because we got lost from the sign (that's says 'Just down the road) to the place being PAST the road that you actually turn off of, they didn't know where we were, or where they were and it was a mess. However, they were very kind and the people at the nursery were so very nice. Plus... you can hear frogs croaking from a little swampy area behind the one green house.



Blue Hydrangea's are just so gorgeous. My future home will have these out front. I promise.


After a sticky humid morning and hours in the sun, what better way to cool off then with some ice cream?



We stopped at Boehringer's Drive-In. Which, apparently, was featured on a tv show? Best Ice Cream across PA/America? I don't know, but it was delicious. I got the Mint Chocolate Chip, and there was rainbow sprinkles too. Don't ever forget the sprinkles.




After we got home my Aunt took me to the grocery store so I could get a couple things and we found these cute little pineapples in the produce section. I love them so much, they look tasty too!


Me and her both made dinner, and what better way to finish off the night then with a bonfire and s'mores? 


Also... if we're gonna be completely honest... I stayed up late to read my Deadpool comic... It happens... [:

No comments:

Post a Comment