Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Scream 1, 2, and 3 Movie Review

Rated R
Released: 1996, 1997, 2000
Genre: Horror, Mystery

It's October. Which means pumpkin everything, flannels, the soon to-be-ending of my Christmas shopping, and scary movies.

Netflix has a special section dedicated to 'Halloween Favorites'. Now, I'm one of those people who doesn't watch scary movies in fear of being afraid-unless it's in the morning. I'll watch a scary movie as long as there's sunlight outside.

Both yesterday and today (the 5th/6th) I've spent watching Scream.



                                                        [source]


Sydney, a girl trying to deal with her mothers murder, is being stalked by a murderer. 
This would be the murderer. Which I haven't decided is disturbing, or weak. I cringe everytime I look at it, but if I would've seen this movie when it first came out, I probably would have told you it was the most terrifying thing in the world.

 #scream #horror #movie. "What's your favorite scary movie.":
[source] 
Quickly, thanks to her friends that are obsessed with their horror movies, we learn the rules of how horror movies work.


Which lets be honest, are so true.
 Along with the asking the person who called on the phone for the third time "Who is this?" It always ends badly...
 Also, can we please note that Matthew Lillard, aka Shaggy from Scooby-Doo plays in it. He plays quite the interesting character. [I like him better as Shaggy!]
I like the quirkyness of the movie though, like the rules, and when they say "This is when they always come back to life..." then after a five second shot of the dead killer he just suddenly jumps up screaming like nothing ever happened. Like, zoinks!



[source]

 Scream 2 is about Sidney and Randy moving on with their life at a college until
a new murdering psychopath that takes over the mask two years after the last incident.Jada Pinkett Smith plays as Maureen, which I admit shamefully, for being a big Will Smith fan, I had no idea it was her, however she did look familiar. (Oops!)
This one I thought was a little better than the first. There's something about them that seem kind of cheesy, maybe it's the timing of the music and everything that it almost seems a little 'too over done.' I like trying to guess who the creep in the mask is though (Thanks, Criminal Minds!) 


[source]
Plus, Derek is kinda cute... just saying.
 At first I thought Cotton was the crazy person, but in horror movies, it almost seems like it's the 'nice guy' who ends up being the psycho. Still not crazy about him though.





Scream 3 (2000) Poster
[source]


Scream 3 was probably the best out of the bunch. Sidney and her friends visit the set of Stab 3 (A movie based off the past crazy psycho killers.) But it's not over yet! No no. There's another killer trying to ruin Sidney of her life. As Randy had said. When you're dealing with a possibly horror trilogy, the main character always has the chance to die. In a trilogy, anything can happen.
Patrick Dempsey plays the cop who also seems sketchy, but you don't want to believe it because, well, it's Patrick Dempsey.
Does anyone remember the movie Josie and the Pussycats? (Seriously one of my favorite movies growing up!! Here's a trailer incase you don't know what I'm talking about.) The girl who plays Alexandra Cabot, Missi Pyle, plays in it too. She talks the same.exact.way. as she did in Josie and the Pussycats! I thought it was just her character in the movie, but apparently not.

I liked how this one ended too because it wasn't all rainbows and butterflies, but it wasn't the complete opposite either. It was a happy medium. I don't know why I liked that part of this movie, but I did.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it!


No comments:

Post a Comment