Thursday, October 1, 2015

Operation Wedding: Supplies




Of course, when it's your first time making a wedding cake + cupcakes, you're almost always going to need something you wouldn't typically have on hand.
My brother got the baking supplies, there's actually more to come.





As of right now I've got.
2 - 2lb bags of Domino Powdered Sugar (I've heard a lot of controversy on the GV brand being gritty.)
1 oz. Watkins Vanilla.
5 lbs flour (probably pick up an extra bag with my own money to be safe.)
10lbs of sugar
12in decorating bags. (Not sure how well the brand is. Never heard of it.)
16oz of Hershey's Unsweetened 100% Cocoa Powder

There's a few other things needed but I can do an update later.




An 8in x 2in cake pan (Wilton is the bomb.com)
Wilton Extra Large 3ct Tip Set






I've been doing a lot of video watching on icing wedding cakes and everything. They say turn tables are like a lifesaver. I was very much envious of them. Mom had a 20% off coupon and I picked one up. It'll get put to use, hopefully. If not, then... well lets just hope it will.

Also needed a large coupler for the bigger tips. I was hoping the quick release one would be able to fit the large tips but it doesn't sound like it will...? Please PLEASE tell me otherwise.



No comments:

Post a Comment