Tuesday, October 13, 2015

A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge | Movie Review



Rated R
Released 1985
Genre Horror




A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge (1985) Poster
                                                          [source]




Freddy Kruger. Everyone has probably heard of Freddy a time or two... or seven. I'm a horror movie newbie so I've heard of him, considering there's boys in the family, but I haven't ever watched anything involving the psycho Wolverine wanna-be.
Netflix unfortuantally doesn't have the first movie listed, but they do have the second.
This movie is about a teenage boy whose haunted by Freddy in his dreams and he posses him making him kill people in real life.
The graphics are quite, well, 1985. It's easy to tell that it's all makeup and fake, but yet, like Scream, there is something still very disturbing about all of it. Of course, it's not everyday you see someone ripping himself through another persons stomach as if it were a chrysalis. 
The acting is a bit too cheesy for me as well. There's is only certain shows I can get by the whole certain shot that is two seconds too long specifically for a dramatic effect.
Maybe if I'd seen the first movie before, it would've been better. But, please don't hate me, this isn't really my cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment