Wednesday, July 15, 2015

S'mores Pop-Tart Review



The one thing I am enjoying about not being a strictly GF diet is, of course, the junk food. I try to limit myself to having it only during the weekends so at least most of what I eat is healthy.

As most teenagers, I was excited for Pop Tarts. This is the second one I've tried, and it was actually pretty good.
The first thing I noticed was that the crust is darker which is caused by the graham cracker, it didn't have that pie-crust taste. The Pop-Tart also has brown icing on the top. When you break it in half you can see the chocolate and marshmallow filling in alternated strips.






My favorite part is the center. I didn't bother eating the outside crust. The marshmallow is really good. The chocolate doesn't taste exactly like chocolate, it tastes like something 'chocolate flavored' instead of real actual chocolate. Which I'm not sure just how much I like about that part.

These Pop-Tarts would probably be really good heated up in the microwave or a toaster!

All in all, I'd say 3.5 stars out of 5. If the chocolate tasted a little more like real chocolate it would be so much better, and I didn't really care for the crust plain. I do however like that the crust on these ones seem a little thicker compared to the others. Maybe that's just me? However, if you're in a pinch and can't bother with buying graham crackers, marshmallows, and a chocolate bar, this would do the trick!

No comments:

Post a Comment