Thursday, June 25, 2015

Toblerone Chocolate Review





After finding out that the U.S. version of Cadbury chocolate isn't the same as the U.K. chocolate, I've been trying to find a different brand that would fit the bill.

My Dad likes Toblerone's a lot and I can only recall trying it once and it was many many years ago, so I figured I'd give it a shot.
Toblerone is a Swiss chocolate. This one in-particular has honey and almond nougat. I know there's another type in a blue box, but they didn't have it at the Wal*Mart where I found this one.

Ingredients: Milk Chocolate [Sugar, Milk, Cocoa Butter, Chocolate, Milkfat, Soy Lecithin-An emelsifier, Vanillin-an Artificial Flavor], Sugar, Honey, Almonds, Invert Sugar, Egg White

I really liked the chocolate in itself. I've noticed it's hard to find a plain milk chocolate bar that isn't by Hershey's, Dove, or Cadbury so it was nice having a different kind. It was smooth and creamy-perfect really!

The honey isn't over powering at all, but you know it's there. I'm not a huge fan of honey so when I saw that honey was in it, I was a bit skeptical but it's not at all bad.

The only part I didn't care for was the almond nougat. I'm very funny with my teeth and I just didn't like the texture of it in the bar and the way it felt on my teeth. If it had been just little pieces of almond, and not so much the nougat, it probably would have been a hit, but I ended up giving 2/3rds of the bar to whomever wanted it. [I'm thinking it was my Dad.]













No comments:

Post a Comment