Sunday, May 24, 2015

Cadbury Milk Chocolate Creme Egg Review






I know, I know. I'm so weird.
This is the first time, that my mind can recall, ever having a creme egg.

I've been on this kick of trying new chocolate which is funny because now that I've had my roller-coaster-chocolate-craving thing my stomach churns a bit at the thought of more chocolate. So I'm sketching out chocolate for the most part during the weekdays and having it during the weekends to give me a chance to put those calories to good use towards fruits and veggies (or most likely fruit gummi's. Seriously, I'm obsessed).

 Ingredients: Semi-sweet chocolate (sugar; cocoa butter; chocolate; milk fat; natural and artificial flavor; soy lecithin; milk)


Everyone seems to be obsessed with these creme eggs so I decided on wanting to try them myself to see if they were as good as everyone says.

First, I want to point out, which this really frustrates me, Cadbury chocolate-sold in the US- isn't really 100% the good Cadbury chocolate that is sold everywhere outside of the US because Hershey's banned British chocolate from coming into the us; from my understanding, it's because it tastes better...? So... I need to go to London sometime I guess to sit at a lovely cafe with a cup of tea, and have some chocolate. Not that I'm complaining!

So, I ate this creme egg and my verdict is that it's pretty good. I love the Cadbury chocolate though, but now that I know it's by Hershey's it's put a bit of a damper on the whole eating it because I wanted it to be British chocolate, lol.

The chocolate itself is creamy and smooth, it also has a sweet smell to it. The fondant confused me a bit, but I've never had fondant before. It almost seemed like marshmallow, but then it was sugar, it's like a medium of the too. Like a thick goo but a little grainy. It was confusing but almost satisfying at the same time.

My mom had said she couldn't eat them because of the whole raw egg-like look to it so I was expecting the insides to be like a runny mess and it being this hard thing to mentally get past (yes I'm one of those people) and thankfully it wasn't.

I would eat these again, and I'm not just saying that because I had bought a 5 pack of this to try them (I didn't get them until the Easter candy was on sale, good thing they aren't bad tasting!). But they aren't my number one pick of the crop either.


No comments:

Post a Comment