Friday, February 27, 2015

Gluten Free Friday: Perdue Simply Smart Gluten Free Chicken Breast Tenders - Review



                                                        [source]





Chicken is one of my absolute favorite foods and something I crave if I go too long without it. But, I'm also pretty picky about it too.
My Grandma had picked up two bags for me at Giant Eagle one day when she was out, we'd be to another Giant Eagle but they were all out of stock and I didn't have a coupon for the Tyson chicken.
I've seen these around before and have been tempted to try them. I believe they are supposed to be a healthier version of processed(?) chicken. Please correct me if I'm wrong, that's what I've seen other people say, at least.
Automatically, I assumed that it would be real chicken on the inside, i.e. stringy like non processes chicken. These aren't. They're the spongy kind. Which was a bit of a let down. When any meat is spongy to me, I automatically categorize it as processed food and I tend to ride it off my food list. But these have been so good. I put them in the microwave for about two minutes, flipping over half way,and either eat them plain or have a piece with a bowl of veggies for lunch. They do tend to get a little soggy on the bottom, and are a bit greasy.
They taste great though.The pieces are smaller than typical chicken strips, however, they are SO filling, and you get so much in a bag. Tyson's you get about 4-7 pieces, and this you get roughly 21 pieces.



































Ingredients:
 Boneless Chicken Breast with Rib Meat, Water, Rice Flour, Yellow Corn Flour, Yellow Corn Meal. CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF Salt, Corn Starch, Brown Sugar, Raisin Juice Concentrate, Honey, Yeast Extract, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, White Pepper, Spices, Natural Extractives of Celery Seed.

No comments:

Post a Comment