Monday, November 9, 2015

A Funeral, a Wedding, and a Job.



This past month has been the most stressful, tiring, eventful, fast month that I can recall. Ever. Everything feels like a blur so I'm going to put this in the best possible order that I can recall.
See, if I posted everything on Instagram this would be a lot easier.

At the beginning of October when me and my Mom were out doing our food shopping we'd gotten a call in the middle of checking out at Wal*Mart from my Aunt with the news that my Pappy had a heart-attack and was on his way to the hospital. My Mom took me home while she went to the hospital and I put everything away and a friend took me to visit them.
That evening the most peaceful feeling had come over me. I didn't say anything to anyone about it. Considering the circumstances that had happened when he had the attack I knew what was going to happen but I didn't want to upset someone by saying it.
The following morning I couldn't keep it in anymore and while I was with my Mom in her room I told her that it didn't feel like he was here anymore, that there has been this very peaceful feeling lately like someone was watching over us. She agreed.
He didn't make it. He said in his will what he wanted, everyone tried, and God decided it was his time and we certainly don't blame my Pappy for running for the Gates of Heaven.

Two days after his funeral I was to make my brothers wedding cake. Over 60 chocolate/vanilla cupcakes and a dark chocolate layered cake. All pipped with buttercream.
*sigh*
I took the middle day of the two as a desperately needed break for my own sanity after all the running around. So Saturday morning I was up at 3am baking my butt off. I made 3 layers because the one had sunk in the middle, 3/4 of a gallon ice cream container filled with buttercream, and two big aluminum trays filled with cupcakes.
Still managed to dye my hair and take my time getting ready that morning with some time to spare before we had to leave. (praise God).



It was peacock/mascaraed/60's/something else themed. Of course in the mess of it all I forgot my camera at home :/






Me and Mom had our day out. A very needed day together. I got a caramel frappe from Starbucks. It was extremely coffe-y tasting. I wasn't crazy about it. It made my stomach hurt, too.




It's hard to adjust when it feels like your life has just been flipped upside down. The week prior to what had happened with my Pappy I went for an interview that a a job my friend works at, it went okay for my first interview but from it felt like she 'let me down easy'. The Wednesday after I got a call from the manager asking for an interview. "When can you start?" She'd asked. My mind had went blank. My mind had went from 'I'm-gonna-have-a-job' to 'I-won't-get-hired' to 'I-don't-want-a-job-anymore' than suddenly my first day was just a couple days later.
I think I went through every stage of joy, depression, scared, excited, overwhelmed, wanting less hours to now I can say, even with the mistakes I've made. I'm finally seeming to fit into a schedule where I'm starting to feel content. It's not too many days to handle, or too little days to where I feel like I'm not doing anything.

Plus, payday, holla!




That can be another post though.


 






It's a dragon! It's a seahorse with wings! It's a pheasant!  It was so cool, we saw a young buck, too not just a few seconds before hand.








One day at work it was all dreary and gloomy out, it was cold and dark, I wanted nothing more to stay in bed and this guy came through my line asking how I was and how the day was going. When I gave him his change and receipt he gave me this little white book and said "This is for you. Hang in there today, okay?" I was too stunned to say anything back, I'd just nodded and when I finally got the chance between ringing up customers I pulled it out of my pocket to find it was filled with a bunch of little verses.

It's these kind of moments that make life great.





Found this book at KMart. A friend of mine is obsessed with Lord of the Rings... [;





My #Whitegirl status seems to be at it's peak lately. When me and Mom go out we usually go get something at Starbucks. I'm working my way through the menu one tall frappe at a time. The Peppermint Mocha is soo good. It tastes like a coffee peppermint patti. The chocolate flakes were my favorite part.




Can we please take a moment to discuss the fact that this isn't Ken. My Ken did not look like this. He was very tan, swooshy plastic haired, and his arms were not bendable, okay?! They just weren't! It's like the Bratz dollz. It feels like a stab at my childhood because of them changing everything. #90skidsproblems.

Okay. Enough with the hashtags.




Also......... the Steelers won!!! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment