Saturday, August 22, 2015

Quick & Simple Gluten Free Oatmeal Pancakes



I don't know about anyone else, but I really miss pancakes. It's hard too when you want to make them in a healthy non-boxed-premade mix because most of the recipes you look up, at least the ones I've come across, has like 5 different (and expensive) flours, not to mention fancy ingredients.

So here I made up my own recipe. And it's healthy! Plus, chances are you have everything already in your pantry/fridge [:

I'd also like to note, that this isn't a 'typical normal' pancake. Because it isn't made with milk & flour and all that lovelyness, it doesn't have the same light & fluffy bready texture to it. It's more egg-y.

Here is where I apologize for the bad quality of photos, but I promise the recipe is very good!






 Starting off. One banana, two eggs. Mash the banana in a bowl, add eggs, and mix until everything is combined, and yes, it'll probably look kind of gross.
Next add 1/3 cup of gluten free oatmeal. I used 2/3 of a Chex Gluten Free Oatmeal packet. Next add the 1/2tsp of vanilla extract and mix it all together.

You could very easily add other things like spices, fruit, chocolate chips, oreo pieces, whatever you'd like into the pancake.





I cooked them over low-medium heat in a lightly oiled non-stick pan. It doesn't take long for one side to cook, you'll notice the edges starting to turn a white color, like if you were cooking an egg. It only takes about a minute or two.








Continue down the line... I like to cut mine just to be sure the egg is cooked in the middle...









The best part? Topping it with strawberry preserves!!! Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment