Sunday, March 9, 2014

Reading Goal Update #5


It feels like it's been a long time since I've updated on this, lol.
I've read three books, and I've currently entered a book hangover and I'm having a hard time reading any other book but the sequels because the newest book comes out in a few months and I'm trying to pace myself.
Every time I force myself to take a break, I could swear the characters in the book are yelling 'come back, come back! You have to finish it right this second'. Long story short, any second I wasn't reading them, I was most definitely thinking about them. It took a great effort not to pick them up to read 'just one more chapter'.

The books;

The Mortal Instruments Book[s] 1, 2, and 3 by Cassandra Clare

They were all amazing. Enough said.

I've been in this huge debate about watching the movie too. From the reviews I've read a lot of people didn't seem to like it, saying that it was completly different from the books and they were shoving so much information down your throat at one time that it was a bit confusing.
Some people said too that it ruined the books for them, which is why I haven't watched it. Because of that, I don't have a lot of room to judge anything, but from the trailer it sort of has me annoyed because Clary's hair isn't as red like I thought it would have been, and Jace isn't as muscular[?] as I thought he'd be either. What I'm trying to say is that I thought the characters would match the people on the covers, maybe that's just too much expectation. BUT I've also read that Cassandra Clare said she didn't have a lot of word in what happened on set and everything because she wasn't there like J.K. Rowling or John Greene, par say.
Oh well.
If you've watched it, and you're completly OBSESSED with the books, I'd love to hear your opinions on it[:

No comments:

Post a Comment