Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Cucumber Falls | Ohiopyle | July | 2016


It's 10:53 at night right now and I'm exhausted. Exam number two is down and after lots of studying, long work day yesterday, getting up at 5:35 today and then 6:30 tomorrow, I'm wearing down and it's only Wednesday. 

Oh dear.

This is from July that I never got around posting but I must post it first before I post the other, so here is a short and sweet recap on the trip.


As we all know, every good morning almost always starts with coffee. At least after getting  about 10 tubes of blood drawn from the doctors coffee does make it much better. So before we started our adventure we stopped at Barnes & Noble and grabbed a coffee for the road. Mocha Frapp? Yes please!


We went into this completely blindly. We had plans on zip-lining, failed to realize you need to make a reservation for it, thank you sir who works at the cafe, who formerly worked at Ohiopyle. We didn't know where anything was and it was pretty busy that day, so the zip-lining kinda didn't happen.


We walked around though and just got a feel for it all. I was pretty upset that everything wasn't going as planned.



It did lead to some pretty great views though...





I LOVED these books. man, if I could draw, my journals would be looking A LOT like this. Stunning.


Next we hit the trails! Well, the first one we came across. I knew this one had a waterfall, my mom loves waterfalls, therefore, this was a must.



 This was my kind of trail. It was absolutely stunning, not too buggy, it was a rocky, and a hike compared to our typical adventures, oh but it was worth it.







This turned out to be kind of funny. We were at a little gravel spot next to the river and this cutie was fluttering around and I managed to get him to hang out on my finger and snap some pictures and then Mom was suddenly saying 'Oh my gosh, look!'


There was actually a good dozen Swallowtails huddled in one spot on the ground, it was so cool. Buuuuut I kinda scared them off a bit trying to creep closer and get a picture. Oops.


And lastly, our trip ended with some of the best frozen yogurt ever made.
 

And sprinkles. Never forget the sprinkles.

No comments:

Post a Comment